Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rock and Roll Heart

I don’t like opera and I don’t like ballet
And new wave french movies, they just drive me away
I guess I’m just dumb, ’cause I knows I ain’t smart
But deep down inside, I got a rock ’n’ roll heart.
- Lou Reed- Rock and Roll Heart


Copyright 2010 New York Photo Festival, LLC. All rights reserved. 


Well, Lou Reed might not like opera or ballet, but he definitely likes photography. Not only have his own photographs been published in books (Lou Reed's New York and Romanticism) and exhibited in galleries, but this weekend he's the curator of one of the exhibitions at the New York Photo Festival. His show is called Hidden Books, Hidden Stories and is shown in three parts at the festival in DUMBO, which ends today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photos and text © sheri lynn behr unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.