Sunday, October 3, 2010

Talkin' 'Bout You (Hot Tuna)

Sometimes when I was shooting, I'd bring a friend to the show. I'd often get a plus-one, and though I'd be in the aisle taking pictures, (especially at the Palladium) my friend could sit in the audience and enjoy a free concert. This time I brought Sharon, who lived in my building, to see Hot Tuna. 

Hot Tuna-Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady, 1976


Hot Tuna. Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady. Originally part of the Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna was  their independent project, playing blues and rock. Loudly. VERY LOUDLY. Hot F--kin' Tuna, as the audience would scream. Loud music and lots of screaming. So imagine my surprise when the show ended and I found Sharon still in her seat. Sound asleep. No one who had been sitting there could believe it. We had to wake her up so the rest of her row could leave. Hot F--kin' Tuna.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely the BEST show that I ever saw back in the '70s was by HOT f*#%in' TUNA in Houston, Tx. They hit the stage at 8pm and the venue had to force them to quit at 1am.

    ReplyDelete

All photos and text © sheri lynn behr unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.