Sunday, July 10, 2011

In The Heat Of The Night (Pat Benatar)

Not many shows tempt me these days. Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo onstage after all these years, well that would tempt me. (Though I'm probably not tempted enough) They're playing Monday and Tuesday at B.B. King Blues Club. Yep, tempting. Shot them a lot back in the day. Especially Pat.

Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo at The Bottom Line, November, 1979
I first photographed Pat Benatar a couple of times just before her album In The Heat Of The Night came out, before her first tour. One time, Chrysalis Records sent us to The Bottom Line to see John Cougar (yes, that was his name then) since Pat had released a cover of his song "I Need a Lover" (a really good song, both versions-- and it still holds up) 

Pat Benatar and John Cougar (Mellencamp) at the Bottom Line, September 1979

This was my favorite shot from that night and it ran in CREEM. Now that was a magazine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photos and text © sheri lynn behr unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.