Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Boys Are Back In Town (RIP Gary Moore)


Gary Moore, who played with Thin Lizzy, passed away today. I was pretty sure I'd photographed him, since I photographed Thin Lizzy three times. But when I looked at the shots I had printed, and then at the slides that were in sleeves, I couldn't find him. I knew what he looked like because I found pictures on the Internet. I'm pretty good at recognizing some of the members of the bands I shot, but many I know by band name only. I could pick Phil Lynott out of a lineup (that's him on the far left), but he was the only member of Thin Lizzy I could recognize. Phil Lynott might have even been the first performer I photographed to pass away, and I remember being really upset about it when he died in 1986 at the age of 36.

Still, when I checked dates (I really don't know if I'd be able to do this without the Internet) I knew I had to have photographed Gary Moore. I found more slides, still in the original Kodak box (I know I know, I'm trying to finish getting organized) -- and I spent the rest of the day scanning. Not exactly what I had planned to do today. But hey, I'm trying to get this work out, so I did what I had to do.

Phil Lynott, Gary Moore and Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy, September, 1978 

RIP Gary Moore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photos and text © sheri lynn behr unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.